The Australian is the biggest-selling national newspaper in the country.
Early Learning Review
The Early Learning Review is Australia’s leading independent early learning education website, read by leaders, carers, government, independent bodies, boards and support staff. It is published by News Corp Australia.
As this was my part-time gig, I have written innumerable articles, including news and features. Please find a small selection below.
- Indigenous early education gap remains wide
- Working mums a boon for daughters’ careers: Harvard researchers
- Tongues untied: bilingual basics for teachers
- Touchy subject: physical contact between teachers, kids a fraught topic
- Mumpreneur’s the word
Talking Eds podcast
This was a weekly ‘education news review’-type podcast, and was a collaboration between me (Early Learning Review), Patrick Avenell (News Editor, APN Educational Media) and James Wells (Education Review and Campus Review). Again, I have just provided a few samples, for brevity’s sake!
- Episode 1: Autism, transgender bathrooms, ATAR and the Uber of universities
- Episode 2: BubDesk, EduTECH, soft skills and Roz Ward
- Episode 3: Smoking bans, cute babies and what the Brock Turner case tells us about rape culture
- Episode 4: Girls in STEM, the unlucky country, going manic for Word Mania
- Episode 5: The Con’s urban Odyssey, pre-election childcare policies, medication for kids